Energy Saving Solutions
We offer advice and solutions on how you can reduce your energy bills. Examples of this include
- Installing L.E.D lighting throughout your house, LED's run on a very minimal power usage compared to halogens and incandescent options.
- The installation of heated towel rail timers. These can be set to heat your towel rail at certain times rather than a constant operation.
- The intelligent use of timers to turn off dormant appliances at known times of rest.
- The installation of solar panels and associated systems to control such areas as outside lighting rather than drawing from the mains.
- For commercial and industrial tenants the use of Power Factor Correction capacitors and banks is sometimes crucial. This is used to smooth out the quality of the power being used and with careful phase load balancing you can get the best value out of your used power.
- Installing a heat pump is probably the most cost effective method to heat your home. Also various systems such as a DVS system which uses the heat produced in your roof space to pump the hot air into rooms below via ducting and a control unit.
- Although we do not install thermal insulation, we do recommend both underfloor insulating and ceiling and wall insulating as a great means to keeping the heat in for longer!
- A Hotwater cylinder wrap kit is also a great idea. This is installed over the hot water cylinder acting like a sleeping bag, stopping the produced heat inside the cylinder escaping as quickly. Wrapping the main pipes out from the cylinder can add to greater heat retention.
If you would like to discuss another solution or need assistance regarding any of the above please call us on: (04) 564 3679 or 0274 444 614.